Wednesday 13 January 2010

Time goes on...

And the week continues...
So now it is Wednesday and I only have one more class this week...which is tomorrow at nine fifteen. But I'm getting ahead of myself...On Tuesday I had my prose creative writing class. I was somewhat surprised to find that my tutor does not have a British accent at all...he's American. I also learned that the class has a one hour lecture and then a two hour workshop. The class is split into two different groups...I'm in the group expressive pineapples...and the groups rotate workshops each week, so every other week I'll only have that class for an hour. Because it was only the first week back from break no one had the workshop, so we just discussed first person narratives for an hour and then were dismissed. The rest of the day was rather uneventful...except that Deanne and I went out to the store to get some breakfast food and snacks for ourselves which was good. Then I went to bed and got up the next morning...Wednesday, which is today...and headed off to my history class at eleven. I discovered that there are a few other students from BCA that are also taking that class, which was exciting since in my Monday and Tuesday classes I'm the only BCA student. So we waited outside the classroom for about twenty minutes or so...and then the British students who had been waiting as well started to just leave. So we asked them how long we were supposed to wait for a tutor, and they said that they didn't really know...but the tutor for this class, who was often late, was never this late and that we could just leave. We figured that the British students knew best and headed back to Regency. It wasn't even noon yet and I was not sure what to do with myself...so I took a nap until about two thirty. I was kind of hungry when I woke up so I made myself a sandwich and then went to Deanne's room for a visit. We chatted for a while before I went back to my room to just chill for a while. It was during this time that I made an amazing discovery. Over the summer my little brother and I had gotten addicted to a TV show called Merlin. Well, I found out that it is actually a British show...and that they are already done with the second season over here. I was insanely excited and freaked out for a good ten minutes, and then proceeded to begin watching the second season online and facebook my brother to tell him the exciting news. It pretty much completely made my day. I had just finished the first episode when Jess knocked on my door and told me that dinner was ready. We had crepes with fruit....and it was delicious. After dinner, we decided that we were going to go see a movie. So we left Regency around eight thirty and headed over to the Brewery which is where the cinema is located. Two of the British girls on our flat came with us. We saw Its Complicated...which turned out to be a rather funny, cute movie, and it was really nice to hang out with some of the British girls. We walked back to Regency, said goodnight, and headed off to our rooms. And thus the day has ended...

No comments:

Post a Comment