Saturday 16 January 2010

Books, Games, and Embarrassing Moment...

Well it's the weekend again...
I left off on Wednesday night with my last class at nine fifteen the next morning. So I got up early Thursday and went to my Islam class...I'm pretty excited about it, even though my tutor is an atheist. The rest of the afternoon was pretty low key and nothing really happened. But after dinner, Deanne and I got dressed up and were going to go out to get dessert...unfortunately we could not find the place we were trying to get to, so we just ended up going to Tesco and buying ice cream. Then we came back and watched What A Girl Wants. It was a very nice girl date. Friday I didn't have class so I slept in until about noon. After I got ready I quickly wrote up a page long story about a mouse for my prose class...I had to submit it by four that afternoon, but since I knew Deanne and I were going to be doing some errands I had to get it done right away. So I sent that to my tutor and then finished getting ready. Deanne and I left for FCH probably just after one...she wanted to go to the learning center...library...to look up some things for her classes. After that we went over to the bookstore...there's only one in town...because I needed to get some books for class on Monday. But I really loved the bookstore...its three stories with a little coffee shop...its pretty big, but really cute all at the same time. I'll probably be going back there in the future. After dinner I tried to plan our trip to London that we were planning to do Saturday...Kendall had a layover there and we were really wanted to get over to see her...unfortunately it just did not work out...so we were left plannless...until Deanne asked our friend Tyler if he was still planning on going to Borton on the water with Michelle on Saturday...he had invited us to come with him and Michelle a few days ago, but we had turned him down thinking we were going to London. But anyways he said that they were still planning on going and were probably going to leave for the bus station at eleven. So this morning Deanne, Tyler, Michelle, and I all met up and headed off to the bus station. There was some slight confusion once we got to the station because Tyler and Michelle hadn't actually found out if we needed to buy tickets, or when exactly the bus left...so we were basically winging it. But we eventually figured it out and got on the bus at about noon. The bus left shortly thereafter and within a half an hour we were at Borton on the water. It is a very small, but very picturesque English town. We walked along the water, saw a lovely old church and took lots of pictures. Unfortunately it was a rather dreary day today...the typical rainy cloudy day...so we didn't stay very long. We left on the one forty-five bus. I ended up having an extremely embarrassing moment seconds after getting off the bus. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but I somehow completely lost my footing...I was walking on a flat surface...and started falling forward...but there the glass bus stop thing directly in front of me...so I ended up completely crashing against it...and of course there was some girl waiting for her bus on the other side of the glass...oh man I was super embarrassed, and had gotten my pants and hands all muddy...yeah it was bad. But anyways...after that lovely incident we went to Spencer's Cafe because we were all hungry...it was supposed to be cheap and very good...and it was. I had a baguette with chicken, bacon, mayonnaise, and lettuce...I've recently been obsessed with baguette sandwiches...but it was really good. Then we headed back to Regency. Not much later, Jess and Susie knocked on my door and we all ended up going to the kitchen and playing Dutch Blitz...best card game ever!!!! We played that for a while...but Susie got fed up with it...mainly because she was losing...so we stopped to have dinner. After dinner, I actually ended up taking a nap...I was suddenly really tired...and at nine Jess knocked on my door and said that they were going to play poker in a few minutes, so I shook myself awake and went to play poker. It was Jess, Susie, Deanne, Jamie and Hannah and three guy friends of theirs, and myself. We ended up playing with partners...oh and we were just playing for candy, not money...I've never really played poker before but I sort of knew the basics. I only won one round, but I was very excited to win because I didn't think I would at all. After a while we got tired of that, and then we switched to playing spoons!!! Another awesome game. Some of the Brits hadn't played before, but they ended up loving it. Finally the games and fun ended around midnight and we all said goodnight and headed off to our rooms. So its nearly bedtime for me...I think I will just finish my Merlin episode first and then call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment